The Center for Children & Youth Justice provides a fulfilling work environment and competitive salaries and benefits. We welcome inquiries regarding open positions from individuals who share our passion for creating better systems and better lives.
Grants and Communications Manager
The Grants & Communications Manager assists the Director of Development & Communications with a variety of tasks to build awareness, increase donors, and boost financial support for the Center for Children & Youth Justice. Writing, editing and proofreading will be required to support the team. This position will manage the writing, editing and production of the annual report, bi-annual newsletter, monthly electronic communications, website content, quarterly donor communications and assist with creating a communications plan.
The Grants & Communication Manager is primarily responsible for writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate CCYJ’s mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the Director of Development & Communications, the Grants & Communications Manager will assemble and submit grant requests, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Communications or Journalism.
- 5 – 10 years successful grant-writing and communication experience required; additional non-profit fundraising experience strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with E-Tapestry donor database management software (or related donor database) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people in a professional manner using tact, courtesy, and good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and maintain donor confidentiality.
- Sound knowledge of business English, composition, spelling, grammar, and punctuation and demonstrated ability to efficiently compose, prepare, and edit correspondence and documents.
- Proven proficiency of professional writing experience.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of social media a plus.
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to work independently completing assigned duties in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to edit own work and receive edits from others.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workflow in a changing environment and coordinate work among multiple partners.
- Self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content management, writing and editing for the web.