The Center for Children & Youth Justice provides a fulfilling work environment and competitive salaries and benefits. We welcome inquiries regarding open positions from individuals who share our passion for creating better systems and better lives.
Accounting Manager (Full job description available here)
This 20 hour per week Accounting Manager position is responsible for oversight and management of CCYJ’s accounting functions.
The examples of essential functions listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform all bookkeeping tasks for CCYJ, including but not limited to:
- Processing of all vendor invoices
- Processing of all cash receipts and donor pledge payments
- Processing of payroll and working with outsource payroll company
- Journal entry creation/posting
- Bank reconciliations
- GL account reconciliations
- Perform a monthly review of CCYJ financial statements with the Deputy Director and prepare the monthly reporting package for the Executive Team and the Board.
- Prepare a monthly cash flow projection to be reviewed by the Deputy Director and the Executive Team.
- Assist with developing and monitoring internal controls.
- Prepare financial statements for grant applications as requested by the CEO, Deputy Director and Director of Development & Communications.
- Prepare financial statements for awarded grants as required and/or requested from the CEO, Deputy Director, and/or Director of Development & Communications.
- Prepare invoices for all cost reimbursable grants as required.
- Coordinate the annual financial audit, prepare audit schedules and answer audit questions and requests.
- Coordinate the budgeting process including the development of budget templates to be used by staff and management, and generate summary reports for review by management and the board.
- Process required B&O Taxes.
- File all unclaimed property.
- Generate and file year end 1099 reporting.
- Perform additional tasks as needed and requested by the Deputy Director.
QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior accountant position or higher, including
- the understanding and application of GAAP
- strong working knowledge of non-profit accounting
- the ability to generate financial statements and explain variances
- Proficiency with MS Excel (ability to do moderately complex formulas and pivot tables) and QuickBooks.
- Experience with cash management, budget to actual analysis, month end and year end close and financial audit coordination.
- Strong team orientation.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
Competitive salary will be dependent upon skills and experience. CCYJ offers Transportation Allowance, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay and Floating Holiday Pay.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to the Accounting Manager Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may be directed to Maria Howard, Executive Office Manager/HR, email@example.com.